Thursday, August 7, 2008

I See Dead People

I see dead people.

That’s not from me, thank God. It’s just a famous line spoken by Haley Joel Osment from the equally famous movie, The Sixth Sense.

Yet, I have met a person in real life who can really see dead people. I’m not joking.

She’s none other than my friend’s mother.

It happened a few years ago when I visited my friend’s house one afternoon. For privacy reasons, I’m not going to reveal my friend’s real name, but let’s just call him Thomas. I was at Thomas' house to talk about a certain money making scheme and his mother, an elderly lady who occasionally dabbled in fortune telling and feng shui, was in the kitchen.

Suddenly, his mother called out to her son and we both ran into the kitchen. She was looking out the kitchen window towards a row of houses across the road. She pointed to one of the houses and asked us if we see an ugly middle aged man sitting outside the house.

Of course we saw no one. But she continued to describe the man as sad looking and rather ugly. He was sitting all alone his head drooping down looking at his hands which was on his lap.

Did you know my hair was standing on its end? We both know what she saw, and we just told her we saw no one. Or rather, there’s no human we saw.

From that day onwards, I knew Thomas' mom was gifted with this ability to see dead people. And I tried my best not to visit him anymore after that, although as you will soon read in my upcoming posts, that’s not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment