Monday, August 10, 2009

Souvenirs From Guilin

Hi, everyone! I'm back! Yes, back from my wonderful holidays in Guilin, China.

Did you all miss me? Haha!

Guess what? I broke my own promise of not accessing the Internet during my trip there. Could not resist it! Tekkaus, you were right. My fingers got really itchy after some time, and with the computer available in the hostels where I stayed, it's a matter of time before I succumbed to the temptation!

To be honest, I did not really have much time to go online there. My schedule was full with activities and during those times when I had the opportunity to go online, I was either too tired and preferred to rest or someone else was using the computer!

It was really fun reading all your comments on my previous two posts. Thanks so much for commenting, everyone! Due to time constraints, I did not reply to any of your comments. Well, it's a good move just in case I decided to bluff all of you that I kept my promise and did not go online. Haha! But as you can see now, I have decided to be honest about it, so do I deserve an applause? ; )

I even thought of writing a new post on my blog there but quickly discovered that it was simply impossible to do so. And you know why? I was not able to access my blog. Maybe China had banned Blogspot? Luckily, I could still access my Gmail though.

Anyway, after reading through and counting all the comments from my last two posts, I am now announcing the winners of my "Top 3 Commenters Contest".

Congratulations to Tekkaus for leaving the most comments! As the 1st prize winner, you will have the chance to be the first person to choose any one of the souvenirs I brought back from Guilin (see photos below)

2nd prize goes to Lina. Choose the souvenir you want after Tekkaus chose his.

3rd prize goes to Ladyviral. You may choose your souvenir after Lina chose hers.

By the way, Ladyviral, you are the only one who attempted to guess the number of teaspoons of sugar in the list of products. Where did you get the answers from? I based my answers on CAP (Consumers Associations of Penang) booklet. Although your answers did not exactly match with CAP's (will reveal the answers in future posts), I think you deserve a prize for your efforts! Will let you know what is your prize for this guessing contest later : )

Here are the souvenirs I bought in China.
#1
art 1.2

An art drawn by a real life artist from ancient Daxu town near Guilin.

#2
art 2.2

Another art piece from the same artist. You may want to have it framed. (Note: Both art pieces are about A4 size)

#3
bag souvenir

I don't know know what to call this - a beautiful, small bag about 5" x 6.5" in size. I bought this from a lady selling these stuffs at Longji village in Longsheng County.

#4
happiness souvenir 2

This is an interesting souvenir that you can hang with the bell ringing when the wind blows. Not sure what the mandarin words say (I'm sure you already know my mandarin sucks!) but I think blogger Jam told me it means "happiness everyday". Want to be blessed with happiness every single day? Get this one! : )

#5
cushion cover front 2

This is a beautiful cushion cover I bought from Longji village. Unfortunately, none of you could choose this as your prize, because my mom liked it so much she had already taken it! Sorry!! : )

#6
bird necklace

A necklace with a bird motif bought from Longji village.

#7
skull necklace

Or if you are more daring, (or devilish), you may want to choose this skull necklace!

#8
letter bills holder 2

This beautifully woven bills/letter holder is about 7" wide and 29" long. With this hanging on the wall, you will never again misplace your important bills and letters!

#9
mini mahjong 2

Do you play mahjong? You might want to consider this mini mahjong tiles. It comes in a box set about 7" x 4.5" in size with a dice and extra two tiles thrown in (see below)

mini mahjong set 2

This mahjong set was bought from a night market at a pedestrian street along Zhongshan Zhong Road.

#10
tissue box cover 1.2

Tissue box cover with dark background and chinese designs.

tissue box cover 2.2

The bottom part of the tissue box cover.

infinity jade

The tissue box cover also comes along with these two decorative objects.

#11
zipper bag 1.2

A small 8" x 4" bag with zipper.

#12
zipper bag 2

Another 8" x 4" zipper bag with a different design. Both bought from Longji village.

#13
3 butterflies

Three "butterflies" souvenirs I bought by the busy road side in Guilin.

So Tekkaus, Lina and Ladyviral, take your time to choose your prize and let me know which one you chose by sending me an email with your address. Thank you!

Coming Up In My Next Post : My First Day In China

FIRST COMMENTER


No comments:

Post a Comment