Sunday, July 11, 2010

When Panda Predicts Like Paul The Octopus!

I am supposed to resume blogging about my last year's China trip but I am afraid watching the World Cup Final had taken the toll on me!

Paul the Octopus had successfully predicted the winning team 7 times in a row. Will he predict the winner correctly for the final too although Germany is in not involved? I hope so. Because Panda (that's me!) had predicted the same too. Haha!

Today I did an experiment. Or rather my friends did an experiment on me.

I was asked to choose between an egg tart and a siew bao. (Please google siew bao if you do not know what is that. I have to keep this post short! LOL!)

My friend used the egg tart to represent Spain and the siew bao to represent Netherlands. Of course they did not tell me about it.

I chose the egg tart. Cos I actually prefer egg tart to siew bao.

And I was told by my friend I had picked Spain as the World Cup champion. Wow! Didn't know I, the Panda had the power of Paul the Octopus too! Haha!!

Anyway, today's post will be short and sweet. A slight departure from my usual long winded posts since I am posting this at 4.30am in the morning while watching Netherlands and Spain battling it out at the World Cup Finale!

OK, do you notice something different with my blog? Yes? No?

There are 4 things I added to my blog.

1. Well, for those of you who are not very observant (read could not care less), I have a new favicon! Don't know what is a favicon? OK, read my old post on Favicon. Do you see that icon next to my blog's URL at the top of the screen? Well, that's my favicon.

2. Do you see the green Retweet button on the top right corner of this post? If you tweet, you can click on the Retweet button to retweet my post. If you do not tweet, why not start signing up with Twitter now? It's so fun!!

3. Do you see the blue thumb icon and the word Like button at the bottom of this post? Well, if you like my post, please click on it! Of course, you would need to sign up with Facebook to do so. If you are not with Facebook, why not sign up today? Perhaps you want to put this Like button in your blog as well!

4. Lastly, do you see the Share button next to the Comments right at the bottom of the post? If you like my post, feel free to bookmark it or share it with online social networks like Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit etc.

The only problem is I do not know how to place this Share button in the middle instead of sticking so close to the Comments link. Anyone can help me here?

Note: The World Cup Final had just ended. Spain is the Champion!! OMG! Paul the Octopus got it right 8 times in a row!! And I got it right too! Haha! Now if you still think that is coincidence, I don't know what else to say! I am going to celebrate this by taking my Monday off! Woohoo!!

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment