Friday, July 30, 2010

Who Is Salt?

I don't know about you but I simply love Angelina Jolie. I am not sure if it's her acting skills or her beauty that captivates me. And so when I heard her latest movie "Salt" was out, I quickly took my time off work to watch it!

Warning : Spoilers ahead! If you have not watched the movie, read at your own risk. However, you may want to watch the trailer below.



Angelina Jolie plays Evelyn Salt, a CIA agent who interrogates a Russian defector called Orlov who tells her about an elaborate plan to destroy USA. But he stuns everyone observing the interrogation when he reveals that Evelyn is in fact a Russian sleeper agent. After that revelation, all hell breaks lose.



Evelyn, in an attempt to clear her name, breaks out of the CIA building to search for her missing husband whom she fears is in grave danger. But as the movie continues, the plot lines changed and we were soon confronted with the possibility that Evelyn is in fact, a Russian spy.



There were enough action in this movie to rival a James Bond or a Mission Impossible movie. In fact, Tom Cruise (who played Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible) were originally asked to play the lead role but he had to turn it down due to his other projects.

Well, I would say Angelina did a great job and although some of her acrobatic stunts were unbelievable, they were pretty entertaining. She seems to have no problem jumping from one building to the other, bouncing off top of trucks driving on a highway, climbing down elevator shafts and beating the daylights out of the FBI agents and policemen.



The movie does have enough twists and turns to keep you guessing on the real identity of Evelyn Salt, but if you are alert, you should know who Salt really is halfway through. Even with some holes in the plot, all the action helped cover them and made this movie an enjoyable watch.



Maybe I am being biased here. I don't know. My review could be different if the role of Evelyn Salt was played by another actress. Still, I am rating this movie 7 out of 10 points. At least, there was never a boring moment.

The ending seemed like a good excuse to do a sequel. I would not mind watching the sequel if Evelyn Salt is played once again by my favourite actress, Angelina Jolie.

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment