Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Dinner At Duck King

I've been very busy this week and could not find the time to update my blog! So when I happened to chance upon these photos in my laptop, I thought I would just do a quick post today on my dinner at Duck King Restaurant in Jaya One, PJ.

Please do not ask me when I had this dinner. It could be in March this year. Or was it January? Heck, it could even be some time last year. I honestly could not remember! Haha!

Anyway, I guess all you care about is the pictures of the food right? Smiley

I went to this restaurant with a friend and these were what we ate.

First off, the Roast Duck.



Nice crispy skin and tender meat with a thin layer of fat in between. Simply delicious!

Truth be told, before this, I didn't really like duck meat. I felt they were hard to chew and the meat was not as tender as chicken meat. But this roast duck completely changed my opinion about duck meat!

Next, we ate Roasted BBQ Pork.



Cholesterol laden and bad for health, but totally delicious!

Now since I have never eaten China's famous Peking Duck before, I grabbed the opportunity to eat the Peking Duck here!



It is actually duck skin dipped in sweet sauce and wrapped in a thin piece of flour. I was not sure what to make out of this, but I thought it was quite OK. Is the duck skin supposed to be crispy? But how could it be crispy if it was dipped in sweet sauce?

Well, if I ever have the chance to eat this Peking Duck in China, I will be able to make a comparison.

All meat and no vegetables were bad, so we had this kai lan dish!



It was called 2-style Kai lan because it was cooked in 2 different ways! The one on the left is kai lan leaves being fried to a crisp. Whereas the one on the right is kai lan stems prepared the normal way, that is lightly stir fried in garlic.

I like both styles! But I guess the lightly stir fried kai lan on the right is the more healthier of the two.

Now, what do you think these are?



They are actually minced duck meat stuffed in deep fried mantou (or Chinese steamed bun). Goodness! I really, really love these mantous! If I ever go to this restaurant, I will definitely order this dish again!

Lastly before we end the dinner, we ordered this very famous dim sum - the Golden Sand Bao.



I am not sure why it is called Golden Sand but maybe it had something to do with the milky sweet custard that oozes out when you bite into the bao!



Oh my God! This one was totally yummylicious! One bite and I was on gastronomic heaven! Smiley

I am sorry I could not provide you with the prices of each dish. As I said earlier, I had this dinner quite some time back and at that time, I did not bother to note down the prices. But one thing's for sure - please do not expect it to be cheap or even reasonable. It's most likely on the high side.

Oh well, this must be a pretty bad review right? But really, I am not trying to write a review here so everything's good. Haha!

But if you have never been to this restaurant and want to go there, here's the address.

Duck King
8-G Block M, Jaya One
No. 72-A Jalan Universiti
46200 Petaling Jaya
Tel : 03-7957 9819

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment