Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hua Hai

I love Jay Chou's songs. One of my favourites is Hua Hai (Ocean Of Flowers).

Have you heard of this song? Watch this music video!



Taken from his 2008 album "Capricorn", Hua Hai has a very nice melody and I was inspired to play the song on my piano.

So one fine afternoon, I was in the right mood and decided to try this song on the piano. It so happened that someone had given me the piano score of this song earlier and so I did not have much difficulty figuring out the chords and all.

But as usual, I never ever play a song following the written score strictly. The only type of music where I played exactly what was written on the score is classical music. For all other types of music, I always improvise and add my own decorations and melodies. In my opinion, that's the way it should be to keep the song fresh.

Now this is not the first time I play a Jay Chou song. I had played another one of his songs before in an earlier post. The song is called Cai Hong and you can listen to it at my blog post HERE.

This time however, I found that I could not stop playing and actually did not know how to end the song! So my playing turned out to be a little bit longer than usual, lasting almost 7 minutes! (The original song was only about 4 minutes long)



If you are interested to know, I started improvising the melody from the 4th minute onwards. Well, I hope you will enjoy my piano version of this beautiful song albeit a bit long!

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment