Thursday, November 27, 2008

Of Appointments And Food

Yesterday, I had two appointments with my insurance agents.

Yes, a lunch appointment with my AIA agent and a dinner appointment with my Prudential agent.

Now I actually have 3 insurance agents. One from AIA and another two from Prudential. You must be thinking I buy a lot of insurance, but in reality, I don't spend more than 10% of my monthly income on insurance premiums. So why the need for 3 agents? Well, that's a long story and I'll probably talk about that another time.

Anyway, today's post is really about what I ate during those appointments! Surely this is a better topic to blog about, no?

For the lunch appointment, my agent suggested we meet up at Bayu Timor in Taman SEA, PJ. I have been there several times, but this will my first time blogging about it.

Bayu Timor is actually a furniture shop cum cafe and is owned by a lady who is Malaysia's franchise holder of the Famous Amos cookies. All the furnitures displayed are for sale, even the chairs we sat on!





The ambience here was nice and that helped me enjoy the food. Both of us ordered the same dish, that is, roast lamb with potato and vegetables.




I like the meat - it was tender and the mint sauce made it all the more nicer!

We also ordered the rojak which we shared. I used to like their rojak, but somehow this time I felt it was a little too salty.



For my dinner appointment, I did not know where to go but since my Prudential agent was in Taman Tun, I thought we should just meet up at One Kopitiam at Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi.

Not many customers at this kopitiam, which were just fine with me. Anyway, I just had this spaghetti asam laksa which was quite good.



Later that night, I was supposed to meet up with my friend at his house together with a few other friends. We agreed that each of us should bring one food for supper. Something like a potluck supper, if you will.

I could not decide what to bring, but suddenly I had this cravings for curry puffs. So I thought, why not buy some IKEA curry puffs? I simply love their curry puffs! The skin is thin and they are generous with the fillings inside which include soft curry potatoes, chicken meat and a piece of hard boiled egg. Yummy!

I bought a dozen of them. But guess what? The potluck supper was cancelled at the last minute and I was left with all these curry puffs!



OK, if you count properly, the number of curry puffs in the photo above are less than twelve. That's because I and my brother ate the rest of them! Haha!

Well, it looks like I would be having IKEA curry puffs for breakfast, lunch and dinner today.

No comments:

Post a Comment