Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ode To Art at Pavilion

After reading Eiling's post on her visit to Jogoya buffet in Starhill, I was very eager to go there. I had heard a lot of nice things about Jogoya, and had wanted to go there many times but kept putting it off as I felt it was a bit too expensive for me.

However, I really think I should go there at least once. Furthermore, I am a big eater and maybe with the amount of food I eat, it may turn out to be not that expensive after all! With this in mind, I asked my friend who had earlier went with me to the buffet at Lemon Garden Cafe, Shangri-La whether she wanted to go Jogoya, and she immediately said yes!

But before we went there, we decided to go for some window shopping at Pavilion which is located just opposite Starhill. Since the dinner buffet only start at 5pm, we still had another two hours to go so why not walk around Pavilion first?

We stopped by this art gallery on Level 6 of Pavilion called Ode To Art. I came across some interesting sculptures and took some photos. I was not really sure if you could take photos in an art gallery, but as no one was watching, I quickly snapped some.






Look at what this naughty boy is doing below!



Can't see? Let me enlarge the image a little.



Now you see? Naughty, naughty! Hehe.

There were other weird sculptures in red colour, but I thought they look ugly, so did not take any photos of them. OK, maybe I don't know how to appreciate them but you can check them out here.

I thought those oil paintings by Vietnamese artists were really beautiful. There were some that really stood out literally as if they were in 3D. I had wanted to take some photos of them but decided not to as I noticed a staff member was observing us.

So here are some of the paintings I took from Ode To Art website instead.


"Red Tree" by artist Duong Ngoc Son


"Path Of Remembrance" by artist Duong Huy


"Land of Hope" by artist Phan Thu Trang


"Hang Hanh Street" by artist Hoang Long

Aren't they beautiful? I have a friend who loves these Vietnamese paintings and he would go all the way to Vietnam to buy them. It seemed that these paintings were sold very cheaply in Vietnam, a fraction of the price you would find here. Just to make a comparison, he bought a painting in Vietnam for less than RM2,000. When I compared it to a similar painting in Ode To Art, I was astounded to find that it was sold at the art gallery for RM10,000!

If you like to see more of these paintings or other types of art, you can check it out at the Ode To Art gallery in Pavilion or if you are too lazy, just visit their website.

Now I started this post intending to blog about my Jogoya experience, but as usual, got carried away with something else so I guess you would have to wait for my next post to read about it.

Meantime, have a nice weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment