Thursday, January 15, 2009

Of Bolt And Chili's

First things first.

Bolt is a movie about a dog called Bolt who thinks he is a Superdog.



Chili's is a famous and popular restaurant serving Western cuisine.



What do you get when you combine the two?

Answer : An enjoyable time!

And that's what I got when I brought my sister and my niece and nephew to Mid Valley during Christmas week last year.

After that delicious lunch and the awful 'credit card not accepted' incident at The Gardens, we went over to GSC Mid Valley to watch the much awaited (at least to the children) movie called "Bolt".

So was the movie worth the ticket price? We went for the 3D version which costs RM16 per adult and RM11 per child. Pretty expensive, no?



The first part of the movie was the best! I really loved it! The scenes where Bolt fights criminals and saves the world using his superpowers. It was cool.

It then went downhill from there, starting from the scene where it was revealed that Bolt was in fact, not a superdog but just an ordinary dog acting in a movie. The rest of the movie tells the story of how Bolt tries to save his owner still thinking he has superpowers and later, realising the truth. In his quest to save his owner, he was joined by a cat called Mittens and a hamster by the name of Rhino.

Despite it going downhill, it was still pretty enjoyable throughout, especially with the very funny Rhino giving us all the comical antics.

Only thing is, I didn't find the 3D that big a deal. Maybe the children enjoyed it, since this is their first time watching a 3D movie. For me, I would rather settle for 2D since the ticket price for 3D was a lot more expensive.

So how would I rate this movie? Oh, before that, let me give you a child's perspective. I asked my nephew how much he would rate the show out of 5 points where 5 is excellent and 1 is total crap. He rated Bolt 5 out of 5! I just rolled my eyes.

Just to compare, I asked him how much he would rate Kungfu Panda. He said 6 out of 5! Now, you know how children rate things!



As for me, rating this movie from an ahem...adult's perspective, I would give Bolt 3 out of 5.

Had Bolt been a real superdog, I think the movie would be much more enjoyable. Such a pity, really. I think I prefer The Incredibles which had better script, wit and action.



Well, after the movie, we went shopping for a while, before the children reminded us of dinner. Children! They are always thinking about eating, eating and eating! It was not even 6pm yet, but they were already complaining of hunger!

We decided to go Chili's located at the ground floor of Mid Valley Mall.



My niece ordered the Chicken Crispers.



My nephew ordered Fish and Chips.



As usual, my sister who was on a diet, did not order anything. She just took a little from both her children's plates. As for me, I went for my favourite Monterey Chicken.



All of us ordered bottomless drinks. I went for the bottomless guava drink. Had many refills of that!



Sometimes I wonder if the waiter would accidentally mix up our glasses when he or she refills for us. There's one time at Chili's in 1Utama, the waiter returned my glass but I knew it was not mine as I recognised the straw in the glass was not the same as the one I used earlier!

We also ordered the bottomless Tostada Chips. My sister said she did not like the chips, but guess what? She ended up eating most of them! Talking about dieting! We even went for a second and third helpings!



I guess I did not really like the chips either, but I loved the sauce where we dip the chips into! One thing though, the chips were not oily like say, Pringles potato chips. So it was probably healthier.

Somehow, when we sit down and chit chat, the chips would disappear quite fast - so thank God, I mean.... Chili's, for making it a bottomless one!

Of all the Chili's restaurants in Malaysia, I think I like the one at Mid Valley best! Their food is delicious and the service is good. I have tried Chili's in 1Utama, Bangsar and KLCC and I can tell you, the one in 1Utama sucks! Both Chili's in Bangsar and KLCC are quite good though I have yet to try the one in Penang.

So which is your favourite Chili's restaurant?

No comments:

Post a Comment