Thursday, January 8, 2009

How Bolt Turned Into Beverly Hills ChiHuaHua



During the Christmas week last year, I had wanted to go and watch the Disney movie "Bolt" at GSC, 1Utama after reading the review by Pikeydude. It was also the school holidays at that time and I took the opportunity to bring along my sister, and her two children.

Ever since her husband died of liver cancer, my sister had been staying alone with her two kids. It's not often that I visit them, so I made use of that week's holidays to spend some time with them. And what better way than to go shopping and watching a movie with them!

I had booked for the Bolt (3D) movie at 2.30pm. We arrived at 1Utama at 10.30am sharp. I knew that if we had come any later, we may have trouble finding parking space. After collecting the tickets, we had a quick breakfast at Burger King, which was the children's favourite, not mine. I don't fancy fast food, but don't mind accompanying my niece and nephew there.



After breakfast, we went shopping. I did not manage to buy anything for myself, but ended up buying things for my niece and nephew. My sister asked me not to spoil them, but I was thinking, it's not every time I get to buy things for them, so I did not think I was spoiling them.

Anyway, we were so deep in our shopping spree, we did not notice it was already past 2.45pm. When my nephew reminded me about it, I was like, Oh my God! We are late! We are late! So we rushed from the Old Wing of 1Utama to the New Wing. If you've been to 1Utama, you'll know how far we had to run! We could easily beat those contestants from The Amazing Race, I tell you!

When we reached the entrance of the GSC cineplex, I was quite breathless! I did not know how the children fared. I think my sister almost fainted. I passed my tickets to the staff at the entrance, and she said we could not go in. I freezed. What?! Can you please repeat that?

She apologised and explained that the projector for the 3D movie had broken down. Oh, damn!

The children had waited for this movie. How could GSC do this to them? I could just see the look of disappointment on their faces.

The lady instructed me to get my refunds at the ticket counter and book for another movie. Well, what to do? I went to the counter and got my refunds, then asked if the movie Bolt were shown in other cinema halls. I was told there were no more 3D movie, but the normal (without 3D) one was available. Unfortunately, only front seat tickets were left, so I said forget it!

In the end, I bought the tickets to the movie "Beverly Hills ChiHuaHua". I was not particularly eager to watch this movie. But it was either this movie or nothing. The rest were simply not suitable for the kids, some with 18SG and 13PG ratings.



So did I survive the movie? Yes, I did. It was not that bad, depending on your preference. For dogs, that is. I am not going to review this movie - too lazy for that! Let's just say, if you love dogs, you will like this movie. If you hate dogs, you will hate the show. And if you are neutral like me, you will sort of feel entertained, but will not be in a hurry to include it in your top 10 movies of the year.

The children of course, enjoyed it thoroughly! It was after all a Disney movie and if they could not entertain children with their movies, then Disney must be a downright failure!

So did the children get to see Bolt in its 3D version? Yes, but not that day. It was on another day at a different location. But that will be in my next post, coming right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment