Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome To The Year Of The Ox!

To all my blogger friends and loyal readers,
Let me welcome you to the Year Of The Ox!
Where Lillian Too says opportunity knocks,
As if good luck comes all wrapped up in a box!

Oh, I don't mean you'll be starting a shop selling Crocs,
Or making lots of money from your blogs,
Or even dabble in plenty of stocks,
And think the market you can outfox!

You will still be working and slogging like dogs,
And not try to do anything unorthodox.
Like becoming a singer but only sings at Redbox,
Or working as waiters and waitresses serving whiskey on the rocks!

When Lillian Too says opportunity knocks,
I think she means opportunity to eat lots!
During this Chinese New Year Of The Ox,
So let's be happy eating but if you are a flogger remember to take some shots!

I hope you don't spend the holidays in front of the idiot box,
Watching movies on Astro starring Jamie Foxx,
Or reruns of Family Ties with Michael J. Fox,
And Friends starring Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox.

Since you'll be eating lots don't forget your morning jogs,
And of course after the holidays are over you really need to detox!
Now hear me right when I say detox,
It's detox - not Botox! : )

Anyway if you think my poem rocks,
Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts,
And do wish me lots and lots,
Of angpows in this Year Of The Ox!

No comments:

Post a Comment