Saturday, May 23, 2009

Will You Still Watch American Idol Without Simon Cowell?

Well, will you?

Some of you may say "I don't watch American Idol whether Simon is in it or not!"

Well, if that happens to be you, then bye bye and come back for my next post, sweetie!

And there are some of you who will ask "Who the hell is Simon Cowell?"

Or even worse. "What the heck is American Idol?"

Well, for those of you who think American Idol is the newest franchised restaurant in town, or a store selling branded clothes from USA, then you too may skip this post. You don't belong here. Or should I say, you don't belong to this planet we called Earth! Maybe you are an alien from some other planet.

OK, OK, if you really really do not know what is American Idol, please google it, read about it and then come back here, will you? I am doing this out of sympathy for those few of you who had either just woken up from a 10-year long coma, or had just miraculously returned from the Bermuda Triangle after disappearing into another dimension for more than 10 earth years.

So that's how long it has been yes? I mean the American Idol reality show. Well, almost.

This latest season which is the 8th season, sees one of the best finales in the history of American Idol. Yet, the finale and the final result show registered one of the lowest ratings for American Idol in years. I wonder why.

Are viewers fed up with the show? Are they bored with the contestants? The judges? The host? Even Kara DioGuardi strutting herself in a bikini on stage didn't help!


Photo of Kara courtesy of News America Now

Maybe a lot of people think American Idol is crap. Well, after the result a few days ago, I am inclined to think so too. Kris Allen is the winner and not Adam Lambert? I really don't get it, but if that's how Americans voted, so be it!


Photo of Adam Lambert and Kris Allen courtesy of mtv.com

Now I am not going to dwell on this issue because I think it's been talked to death in many other blogs. So my post today will deal with the famously acerbic judge, Simon Cowell.

Oh, before that, did you hear that song written by judge Kara DioGuardi for both the finalists to sing? I think it's called "No Boundaries" or something. I absolutely hated that song! Couldn't she come up with something better? Last I heard, this song to be made into a single for Kris Allen was poorly received.

Anyway, Simon Cowell's contract with American Idol will expire in 2010. Will his contract be renewed? Most likely, but the question is, will the man himself stay on? He had already considering leaving the show so we may not have Simon in American Idol after 2010.


Photo of Simon courtesy of Square Eyes

So that leads me back to the title of my post today and the question I have been dying to ask.

Will you still watch American Idol if Simon Cowell is no longer one of the judges?

Maybe they should just get rid of the four judges and bring in fresh new ones. Or Simon Cowell should just stay on while the other three judges are to be replaced. What do you think?

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment