Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Herbal Island At Lake Kenyir (Part 2)

Continued from Part 1

From the jetty, we could see a signboard welcoming us to Herbal Garden.



Following our tour guide, we ascended a series of steps to enter the garden. From up here, I took a photo of the jetty below.



This is the information board on the Herbal Garden. You can click on it to enlarge for easier reading.



I saw a nice looking tractor and took a picture of it.



There was a Japanese couple who did not understand the tour guide's explanation in Bahasa Malaysia, so the tour guide requested my friend to do the translation in English while he explained.

I did not follow the tour guide and the group and wandered off on my own.

Do you know what is this plant?



It's called tanduk rusa (or Staghorn Fern). I am not sure what health benefits one can get from eating this plant but I think it has something to do with sexual prowess.

And guess what this is?



Yes, it's a periuk kera (or pitcher plant)!

It is said that this pitcher plant can help in hair growth, used as a treatment for diarrhea and high blood pressure.

Does this look like a mini pineapple to you?



Let me magnify the fruit!



Yes, it is indeed a pineapple!

And what about this flower?



It's the flower of the well known herb called misai kucing. I'm not sure of its English name but here's the botanical name.



Misai kucing is useful for the treatment of diabetes, gout and arthritis.

I did not take a proper photo of tongkat ali but I got to drink it at this herbal garden!



I reached this wooden hut and found that the rest of the group including my friend were already there.



My friend quickly beckoned me to step inside the hut for a herbal drink! But I could not resist snapping a couple of photos first. Haha!





Inside the hut, I saw two pots. If I am not mistaken, one contained tongkat ali.



I could not remember what was in the other pot. Anyone knows what this is?



I was given a small glass of tongkat ali to drink.



As tongkat ali is useful for increasing testosterone production which indirectly prevents impotence, and strengthen sexual performance, I did not hesitate to drink it! Haha!

After that, we continued to walk around the garden. Look at the "rope-like" branches on this tree!



I came across a mini garden inside this Herbal Garden.



It had nice walking paths all over the place.



There was also an Arboretum Garden here.



But I did not take many photos here as time was limited.

The tour guide was calling us to return to the jetty. I was the last to reach the jetty as I was busy snapping away. Can't blame me, can you, especially when you see beautiful scenery like these!



Please click for wallpaper size!



Coming up next : A Refreshing Time At Saok Waterfalls!

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment