Monday, June 21, 2010

Yummy Thai Food At Erawan

Do you like Thai food?

I simply love it!

I went to Erawan at Dataran Sunway in Kota Damansara the other day to try out this Thai restaurant with my friend. But when we stepped into the restaurant, my friend dropped a bombshell. She told me she's full and could not eat anything!

I was like, what the .........?! Why the heck did she agree to go dinner with me then? How was I going to try all those dishes that I wanted to try eating alone?

And so we (or rather, I) ended up eating these....

Mieng kam (เมี่ยงคำ in Thai)



This appetizer was simply delicious! For the uninitiated, mieng kam is a popular Thai snack. It is made up of 7 different ingredients which you placed onto a leaf. After filling the leaf, you add some Thai fish sauce on top, fold up the leaf and put into your mouth. Yummy!!

I think the difference with Erawan's mieng kam is its super delicious sauce!!



Look at how concentrated the sauce is! Unlike most other Thai restaurants which provide a more watered down (diluted) version.

But of course the mieng kam came at a price - RM20 to be exact! Rather expensive, don't you think?

Tom yam noodles in clear soup - This I ordered all for myself.



I like the taste of this spicy and sour soup! But most importantly the prawns were fresh and noodles springy. It was good but I thought RM20 for a bowl was a little too expensive!

I was already quite full since I was the one doing most of the eating. But that's not going to stop me from ordering Thai desserts!

Since I am crazy about durians and anything to do with this thorny fruit, I went for Erawan's ....

Durian with sticky rice.



My friend took a small scoop of the durian with some sticky rice and said it was nice! Well, I agreed with her but it still could not match the one I had in Bangkok a few years back.

If any one of you go Bangkok, do not miss the very delicious durian with sticky rice sold by this Thai lady at the Food Court located on the 6th floor of MBK Shopping Mall in Bangkok.

I actually told the restaurant owner about this but he insisted that many people from near and far go to his restaurant for this dessert! Well, it was probably the best durian with sticky rice in town or even in Malaysia but definitely not the world. Haha!

Anyway, this delicious dessert burnt a RM12 hole in my pocket! I think it was much, much cheaper eating it in Bangkok! OK, must plan for a Bangkok trip next! LOL!



Apart from the delicious food, I found the ambience in this restaurant really, really nice! There's a smell of lemongrass (I think) lingering in the air as you step into the restaurant.



Service was good and the owner was willing to explain in detail each dishes and gave his recommendations.

For drinks (sorry no photos) my friend ordered pineapple lassi (RM12) and I went for honey lemongrass drink (RM8). Not bad - I liked the lemongrass drink!

All in all, the damage came to RM72 nett. Pretty expensive especially since it was me who was doing most of the eating, but I would say the food was of high quality.



That's the green elephant giving us sweets to tempt us to return.



So will I go back for another visit? Most definitely! Besides, I have yet to try most of the other dishes in the menu but I would need a few friends for that!

Now since I am not paid to blog about this restaurant, and since I do not want too many people to know about this place (it's OK, call me selfish!) I am not going to share the address with you all. Haha!

However, if you really, really want to go there, you can always google it or just drop me an email! Have a nice day, everyone! : )

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment