Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Top 5 Recreational Parks

Since returning from my holidays in Cambodia and Redang, I discovered to my horror that I have put on some weight.

This is rather unusual because every time I go on a long holiday, I normally lose weight!

Oh well, maybe I just had too much to eat this time around. Haha!

It did not help that during this Raya holiday weekend, I did nothing but eat!

Anyway, I have got to do some jogging again this week to start shedding those unwanted fats! Walking on a treadmill in the gym is just too plain boring for me. I prefer jogging in the outdoors and be close to nature, especially in the parks!

So today I would like to share with you my Top 5 favourite parks in the Klang Valley.

1. FRIM


Photo courtesy of Window To The Soul

Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) located 16km northwest of Kuala Lumpur in Kepong is one of my favourite jogging spots. It offers 1,528 hectares of forest ecosystems, gardens, arboreta and wetlands with various trails (both tarmac and nature) scattered all around the Institute. It also has a 200m long canopy walkway that is built 30m above ground.

2. Taman Lembah Kiara



Taman Lembah Kiara Recreational Park is located in Taman Tun Dr Ismail in KL. It is a popular recreational spot for nearby residents. There is a beautiful man-made lake complete with fountains, a suspension bridge and a well-paved jogging path that absorbs the impact from running or jogging. One interesting thing you can see here is monkeys that roam freely all around the park.

3. Lake Gardens



Also known as Taman Tasik Perdana, the Lake Gardens is located off Jalan Parlimen in KL. As the more popular green lung in KL, it encompasses about 92 hectares of greenery, which also include a lake, bird park, butterfly park, deer park, orchid and hibiscus garden, Tun Abdul Razak Memorial and National Planetarium.

4. Taman Pertanian Bukit Cahaya


Image courtesy of wikimapia.org

Malaysia's first Agriculture Park is located in Shah Alam, Selangor. The area, which is also known as Bukit Cherakah, covering 1,295 hectares of virgin jungle is the world's first agro-forestry park. There is a jogging track around a lake and a four-season house which showcases the four different seasons.

5. Desa Park City



Although not a park but a gated housing estate, Desa Park City is not only one of the best spots in KL to live, but also a great place to jog around its large beautiful lake! Besides jogging, you can also fly kites and go fishing. Or do some shopping at its Waterfront shops.

There you have it, my top 5 recreational parks in the Klang Valley. Do you like jogging in the parks and which is your favourite park?

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment