Thursday, October 16, 2008

Absorbing Hado At Taman Lembah Kiara

All the eating at Raya open houses and dining at buffets during the Hari Raya week long holidays have taken a toll on me. I pinched my waist and could feel the fat deposited there! Not to mention holidays tend to make me lazy. Too much eating and lack of exercise is undoubtedly, a sure way to gain weight!

So the week after the Raya holidays, I went straight back to my usual workouts. Normally I would do some weight lifting and resistance exercises in the gym. My aerobic exercises would be done outside the gym. That’s because I prefer the fresh air and the greeneries outside.

Not only that, I heard that we humans need to connect with nature more often. This is because we need to absorb the good hado from nature. Hado is something like life-force energy, similar to what the Chinese call “chi”. If you read my previous post on Messages From The Water, you would know how hado can effect changes in water molecules.

A walk in the forests, camping along the streams, or going to the beach will help us receive more good hado. People who live in the city, and work in concrete buildings all the time have greater needs of this good hado. Without which, health would deteriorate and they would easily fall sick.

This week, I went to Taman Lembah Kiara at Taman Tun Dr Ismail to do some jogging. It’s a nice place with a beautiful lake and fountains, a waterfall and vast greeneries. There’s also a suspended bridge and a jogging trail that runs through the forests. I have mentioned about this nice park in one of my older posts, complete with photos. Read it here.

The photos in the older post were taken with my old handphone SE K750i so they did not turn out good, so here are more photos of the park taken with my new SE C902.


The beautiful fountains on the lake



The jogging track beside the lake



Jogging trail down the hill



Jogging trail leading into the forest



On the suspension bridge



Another photo of the suspension bridge



Signboard warning weight limit for the bridge



Me in my New Balance jogging shoes all ready for jogging



A large rock along the jogging track



Jogging track in the forest



Enjoy the beautiful scenery all around while you jog


If you want to lose weight or just to maintain your weight, stop stepping on those treadmills or cross trainers in the gym. Go to the parks and do your aerobic workouts! Besides the fresh air and some doses of healthy sunshine, you will also benefit from absorbing the good hado from the trees and grass around you.

Furthermore, listening to the delightful chirping of birds will definitely lift your mood - a sure cure for stress and depression!

No comments:

Post a Comment