Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My New Hand Phone

I've just bought myself a new hand phone. So I would like to blog about it today. Now, for those of you who are waiting to read where my friend and I went for our next dining in Shangri-La Hotel (read my previous post if you are clueless), I apologize as I have to put that post on hold.

My old Sony Ericsson K750i had problems taking nice photos which I wanted to upload to my blog. Besides, I was getting really irritated with its joystick which get spoilt easily. I have changed the joystick twice before and each time, it worked nicely for about six months before it started to give me problems.


SE K750i

So for my next phone, I was looking for a good camera phone which can take decent pictures. I know I should get a real camera instead, but I hated the idea of carrying too many things while on the go. Since I carry my handphone wherever I go, a camera handphone would be ideal.

Also, I would never again choose a phone with joystick . No way! A navigation button would be perfect and would not give me problems a joystick would.

The question was, with all the brands out there, which camera phone to choose from? Well, it was not that difficult for me to decide. You see, I only go for Sony Ericsson phones. In my opinion, Sony Ericsson is better than Nokia and Samsung. You can say I'm a big fan and loyalist of Sony Ericsson.

So what is the best Sony Ericsson camera phone in the market right now? I don't know what that will be two months from now, but at the moment it is none other than SE C902.

Take a look at the C902. Doesn't it look good?




It has 8 touch sensitive camera shortcuts that I like! Although the touch screen at the sides may make the main screen appears a little smaller, it is still bigger than my previous K750i.



OK, perhaps it does not have the trendiest of style, but I'm already very satisfied with the phone. It's very sturdily built and has a very good quality feel about it. No need to be so trendy for me.

Anyway, it's a cool phone as I heard that James Bond is using the C902 handphone in the latest Bond movie "Quantum Of Solace". Cannot be that bad, yes?


I also like the way you slide the phone open to reveal the camera lens. Looks very impressive to me! And it comes with 5 megapixel so the photos taken turn out to be quite good, I should say. Of course you can't compare it to a proper camera, but as camera phone, I think this is one of the best if not the best!

Note: The above photos of C902 were taken from mobile88.com

The photos of my buffet at Shangri-La in my previous post were taken with this handphone. Here are more photos of Shangri-La taken with the C902.


The lobby at Shangri-La Hotel KL. Don't this remind you of the Beijing Olympic torch?


The garden maze at Shangri-La.


Another photo of the garden.


The view of the hotel lounge from the 1st floor.

The C902 can store up to 1,000 contacts and 7,000 phone numbers which is more than enough for me. And the good thing is you can create a back up of all your contacts by saving in its incredible 8GB memory card. (By the way, the memory card does not come together with the phone - you've got to buy it separately)

I find the phonebook absolutely user friendly. When you want to call someone and you just key in part of the number, the phone will list out all possible contacts with part of the numbers you just keyed in.

As for texting or sms, I love it to bits! The T9 dictionary is excellent to use, with the prediction of the word you are likely to use suggested to you before you type the next word.

As for the battery, it can last for up to 4 days with general use. This to me, is considered a very good battery performance.

Oh, if you want to use this phone as your MP3 player, you will be pleased to know that music from this phone is of very good quality! And with 8GB memory card, you can store thousands and thousands of your favourite songs! Simply smashing!

There are however, a few downsides for this phone. Firstly, there is no GPS which is funny because it has Google Maps. Guess you would have to get an external GPS. Secondly, there is also no WLAN support for this phone. Thirdly, the camera does not seem to work very well in poorly lit conditions.

But overall, it's a great phone to me at least, because it fulfilled my criteria of a good camera handphone, with no joystick, but with excellent phonebook and sms features, and excellent music player too.

For those of you who can't wait to find out where my friend and I went for our next dining at Shangri-La, don't miss my next post coming right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment