Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Adventure At Kinabalu Park (Part 2)

Before I went on this Kinabalu Park trip, I was advised to bring along a jacket and a raincoat.

Well, I actually got this advice from none other than Jenny, the boss of Lavender Lodge, where I stayed. Jenny and her husband run the Lodge but during this KK trip, I have never get to meet her husband.

I did not know it would be cold at Kinabalu Park so I did not bring along my jacket from home. But I did not want to purposely buy a jacket so in the end I just brought along an extra T shirt in case it would be really cold. As for the raincoat, I managed to buy one at the Centrepoint Shopping Mall in KK the night before.

However, as it turned out, I had neither the need for the extra T shirt nor the raincoat! The temperature was cooling and just so comfortable for me. And it did rain, but I was too lazy to put on the raincoat!

After I completed my business in the Liwagu washroom, I was eager to go out there and walk the jungle trails. But to my dismay, it had started to rain! So I walked right back in.

Here is the entrance to the Liwagu Restaurant.



I decided to explore the Liwagu Restaurant and its surroundings. And perhaps get more information about what places to visit before I proceed further.

This is the sitting room or the hall next to the Restaurant.





Looks like a nice place to just sit down with a good book, doesn't it?



This is the fireplace in the middle of the hall.



Went out to the balcony and shot this picture.



Took a shot at those lovely flower pots hanging from the ceiling at the balcony.



Looks like a place to "goreng goreng" (fry food)

As it was close to noon time and it was still raining outside, I decided to have my lunch at the Liwagu Restaurant. The restaurant was quite empty at that time. I had a good chat with one of the waitresses there. She told me the places that I should visit and even advised me to leave the park by 4pm or else I may have a hard time finding transport back to KK.

Jenny of Lavender Lodge had already reminded me about this 'leave by 4pm' rule last night. So I guess I better heed their advice! Didn't want to be stuck in Kinabalu Park and forced to stay here for the night! Haha!

Anyway, the waitress suggested that I had my lunch outside by the verandah. I couldn't agree more as the view and ambience was just so relaxing!



Oh look! I was not alone. Haha!



I sat at this table here.



The friendly waitress came and gave me the menu. Sorry no picture of the waitress as she declined to be photographed!

This is the menu.



I decided to have the Liwagu fried rice and a cup of Sabah tea. Well, it's my first time there so I had better try their brand of fried rice and Sabah's very own tea!

Here is my Liwagu fried rice and Sabah tea.



Ooh! The Liwagu fried rice looked absolutely delicious! Maybe I was hungry after all those purging earlier! Haha!



There were the prawn crackers, omelette, fried chicken, acar and two sticks of satay on top of the fried rice. Yummy!

Having my meal in the midst of the Kinabalu rainforests was an experience I enjoyed very much!



I noticed they like to hang lots of flower pots from the ceiling.





Took a shot of the view below me.



The place was so nice I was reluctant to move my butt and just wanted to sit there with a good book! Luckily I did not bring any book with me or else I would have really done that. As it was already lunch time, more and more people came into the restaurant. And remembering the advice about leaving by 4pm, I decided to make my move.

The rain had already stopped by the time I went out into the open. Following the advice of the waitress, I walked towards the botanical garden. Passed by some buildings along the way.





Before I reached the Botanical Gardens, I was attracted by a jungle trail midway and decided to enter the trail. I walked along this nice looking bridge.



The bridge looked wet as it had just rained. I like the look as it just gave a very nice ambience.



Oh! This is a different kind of bridge! It is the shortest suspension bridge across a small stream inside the jungle trail.



A close shot of the stream.





Steps inside the jungle trail.



There was even a seat to rest your weary legs!



If you are wondering why there is no people around, you are quite right. Although I have to say there were some people around but I did not take any photos of them. Haha! However, I realised there was a slight drizzle as I walked the jungle trail. I guess not many people were keen to walk the jungle trail in the rain!

Those who were walking the jungle trail were wearing raincoats. Not me. I love the rain. Didn't you know that? Read my post about my love for the rain here.

Anyway, it was just a slight drizzle. I would have worn the raincoat if it rained heavily.

I looked at my watch. It was almost 2pm. Gosh! I must hurry. I haven't even visited the Botanical Garden yet! And I had to get out of there by 4pm latest.

Just then I heard someone crying. I was stunned. I could not see anyone around me. Who was crying? It sounded like a child. I decided to investigate.

To be continued...

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment