Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who Is Your Favourite American Idol Judge?

American Idol is the craze these days! If you have not heard of American Idol, may I ask which planet are you from?

Everyone is talking about who will get booted out every week. Yes, ask anyone who watch this reality show and they will tell you all about their favourite contestants and who they want out of the show!

That's why I'm not going to blog about the contestants. I mean, I don't really care who gets booted out actually, because from past seasons, we've only seen two winners that were really successful in the recording business and they are Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. So it would seem that winning the title don't quite guarantee you success as a recording artiste.

So what am I going to blog about today regarding American Idol? The judges, or course!

There are currently four judges on the show and they are, in no particular order of importance, Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardi, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell.



Now here's my take on the judges. I think Simon Cowell is the best judge. Most of the time, he does give very honest and accurate judgment. Although he can be quite harsh, what he says usually makes a lot of sense.

Randy Jackson is OK as a judge although sometimes I don't quite agree with him! Many may not like that he seems to be overly concerned with pitching, but I think it's really important for a singer to sing in pitch! Any singer who does not sing in pitch should not be a singer at all!

Paula Abdul makes an absolutely lousy judge to me. Half of the time, I do not get what she's talking about! She doesn't make much sense and I don't think her advice is of any help to the contestants! But what she lacks in being a judge, she makes up for her active dancing during the contestants' performances. Also, her chemistry and funny antics with Simon Cowell surely add more spice to the show. No wonder they still retain her season after season!

As for newcomer Kara DioGuardi, I think she at least gives better and more helpful comments than Paula. However, sometimes her overly long comments kind of irritate me. Maybe she should just keep it short and to the point!

Well, that's just my opinion. How about you? Who is your favourite American Idol judge?

Before I sign off, let me leave you with this current favourite song of mine called "My Life Would Suck Without You" performed by Kelly Clarkson at one of the recent American Idol result shows.



Click here for the lyrics. Happy weekend, everyone! : )

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment