Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dinner Buffet At Sagano Restaurant, Renaissance Hotel

After my last Japanese buffet at Tenji, I was craving for more Japanese food. Tenji was a mixture of Japanese, Chinese and Western food restaurant.

I was more interested in authentic Japanese restaurants which serve mainly Japanese fare, so when my friend told me about this buffet promotion at Sagano Japanese Restaurant at Renaissance Hotel in KL, I jumped at it.

I think July is a promotional month for all dining outlets in Renaissance Hotel, so you may want to check them out before it ends.

Here's what we ate.

my sashimi plate

My plate of fresh sashimi! Can you recognise the types of raw fish I ate?

But it's nothing compared to what my friend ate!

sashimi plate

The raw fishes were taken from here.

raw fish on ice

My plate of yummy oysters. They were so fresh and smooth!

more oysters

My friend's plate of edamame beans, squids and seaweed. Not my favourite except for the edamame beans!

edamame squid and seaweed 2

Since I was complaining about the non existence of unagi at Tenji, I made sure I eat lots and lots of unagi here. Below is my plate of unagi, tofu, chickens and fish.

unagi yakitori chicken fish and tofu 2.2

I went back for a few plates of unagi! Really had my fill of it! Absolutely satisfying!

This was where I took all the unagi from. See the empty plate (second plate from left)? It's empty because I took all the unagi from that plate! Haha!

chawanmushi station 1.2

Can you also see the cups of chawanmushi on the left corner? I am not of fan of chawanmushi so I did not take those. Rather save my stomach for even more unagi. Haha!

My friend went for the soft shell crab tempura, which was very delicious! I just noticed there's a prawn tempura on her plate!

soft shell crab tempura 1.2

So I went for a full plate of tempuras! I wonder why the Japanese like to dip these fried food in the tempura sauce? I thought fried food should be eaten crispy! The crispier the better, no? Once you dip them into the sauce, they become soggy, but then again, it is nice in a way, so I'm fine with it. LOL!

tempura with soft shell crab 1.2

I did not eat any sushi since I am not a fan of sushi, but I just took this photo of the sushi on display. They were placed on a nice boat-like structure.

sushi

This is the sukiyaki station. I took the photo of someone cooking the beef slice.

sukiyaki station

And here's my bowl of sukiyaki. It's almost finished eaten as I forgot to take photo of it earlier. The beef and the soup were delicious!

sukiyaki 1.2

There were many other food I did not bother to eat like soba noodles and salads, as I was more interested in the desserts! Here's the dessert station.

dessert station

I love the mochis! They were excellent, unlike those mochis I ate at Sushi King or Sakae Sushi.

cheese cake and omochi 2

The cheesecake on the left was quite nice and the chocolate cake with strawberry on top was not bad. But the mochis with generous lotus fillings were on another level! I could not eat enough of them and went back for more.

Finally, it was time for ice cream. If you remember, I was complaining how Tenji did not have green tea ice cream. Well, I had my fill of green tea ice cream over here, thank goodness!

green tea ice cream 2.2

After finishing this cup of delicious green tea ice cream, I went for another round. But this time, I added in red beans. Really nice to have the sweet red beans accompany the slightly bitter green tea. Perfect combination!

green tea ice cream with red bean 2.2

Oh, this picture does not look so appetizing, does it? That's because I did not scoop the red beans and place them nicely on top of the green tea ice cream. It looks kind of ugly and unappetizing, right? Well, don't judge a book by its cover. Or rather, don't judge a green tea ice cream with red beans by its appearance!

By the way, do you like to eat your ice cream totally frozen or slightly melted? I like mine slightly melted but not to the stage where it turned into a milk shake!

This was a really satisfying Japanese meal! I have no complaints whatsoever with the food here. And at RM55.00++, it was worth it! (Normal price is RM89.00++) I will definitely come back again if they have another promotion. This promotion is on until end of July, so if you are a fan of Japanese food, don't miss it!

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment