Friday, July 3, 2009

Guess These Songs And Win!

After watching and listening to that wonderful piano and cello performance of Love Story Meets Viva La Vida, I was inspired. I spent some time playing my piano again last night.

But guess what? I heard my niece played this nice little jazz piece and I thought, well, maybe I should try and play that! So here it is, a short jazzy piece called "Jay Walk" composed by Pam Wedgewood. Hope you like it, and please excuse my wrong notes! Only managed to practise it twice before I recorded it.


jay walk.wav -

If for some reason, you are unable to listen to the song on this post, click here.

Since I recorded a few songs last night, I thought it's time again for my contest "Guess This Song And Win!" except now I'm inviting you to guess 2 songs. Guess one song correct and you win a RM10 Jusco voucher. Guess two songs correct and you win RM20 Jusco voucher.

So here's the first song. Name the title of this song and the original performer. I have played in a slightly different way from the original piece just for fun.


Guess This Song 3.wav -

Oh! I just realised Imeem edited my song! Why did they do that? It's not like I'm posting the original song here. It's my own performance! : (

From my over 4 minutes performance, they shortened it to....30 seconds?! To hear the full song, go here.

This is the second song. For this song, I didn't need Imeem to edit for me. I didn't finish playing this song as I have sort of forgotten how the chorus (middle part) sounds like and the chords that go along with it. Heck! I think even some parts of the melody are wrong. But I will try to listen to the original song again and figure it out, and maybe record a complete version next time.

Let's see if you know this song even though it's only half finished! Just name the song and the original artiste who sang it.


Guess This Song 4.wav -

Contest Rules
1. This contest is open to Malaysians and non Malaysians.
2. Non Malaysians who win the contest will be given Entrecard credits instead of Jusco vouchers. (You have to be an Entrecard member to receive EC credits)
3. The first person to correctly guess the name of the first song and the performer will win a RM10 Jusco voucher (or 100 EC credits).
4. The first person to correctly guess the name of the second song and the performer will win a RM10 Jusco voucher (or 100 EC credits).
5. You can give as many answers as you like, but only the final answer will be accepted.

Note: I just realised you can click on the 'Play Full Song Here' to listen to the full song! Silly me! Sorry Imeem!

Clues
For 1st song - This is a song composed and performed by a famous Korean pianist.
For 2nd song - The singer of this song released a No.1 hit in 2005 called "Bad Day" which was featured in American Idol show.

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment