Saturday, March 20, 2010

SkyBar vs Luna Bar (Part 2)

In Part 1, I blogged about Luna Bar. Now it's SkyBar's turn.

Located on the 33rd floor of Traders Hotel (next to KL Convention Centre), SkyBar was every bit as impressive as Luna Bar, if not more.

I was there quite early at about 6pm and there were still a few people swimming in the pool. Yes, just like Luna Bar, there's also a swimming pool in SkyBar. However, no one swims there in the later part of the evening or rather, no one is allowed to swim during that time.



Can you see the Twin Towers from here? Don't you just love to sit beside the glass windows with those comfortable cushions looking out at the magnificent Twin Towers?

SkyBar looks even better at night!



I love the ambience here, especially with the beautiful Twin Towers in the background!

Me and my friend ordered some nuts and a strawberry shake each. No alcoholic drinks for me as it was too freaking expensive and I needed to drive later!



Oh well, maybe I will just drop by one of these days to have an alcoholic drink when I am in the mood for it! Haha!

From where we were seated, I could have a bird's eye view of the park and waterfall below.



This waterfall is located at the park opposite the KL Convention Centre.

I took a picture of one part of the waterfall earlier when I was near the park.



From up here, I could also see the fountain and lake outside Suria KLCC.



Oh, and the swimming pool too!



I must bring a binocular next time to enjoy watching from afar!



As the sun began to set, it was time to take some photos of the Twin Towers.



And the KL Tower as well!



Or how about combining Twin Towers and KL Tower in one photo?



We continued clicking away like nobody's business. I think those people who saw us must have thought we were tourists!

Wow! This handphone shoots out flames! And it's directed at the Twin Towers! Haha!



A close-up shot of the Twin Towers (with Public Bank in the background)



Have any of you went up there at that bridge connecting the two towers?

I just love the Twin Towers - it is my favourite building and I am so glad our former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir had the foresight to build it! Imagine KL without the Twin Towers!

OK, just in case this post is going to turn into a post on the Twin Towers, let me get back to the topic at hand here that is, SkyBar vs Luna Bar.



So which one of these two roof-top bars is the better one? Let me see....

1. Both Luna Bar and SkyBar have very nice ambience. But SkyBar definitely trumps Luna Bar when it comes to the view outside the window! Probably that's the reason why I posted so many photos of the Twin Towers! Haha!

Besides, you can only see ONE of the two towers at Luna Bar. At SkyBar, the sight of both the towers are so magnificent it's hard not to be awed!



2. Although SkyBar has magnificent views, I can't help feeling a bit disappointed that they do not have an open roof-top bar like Luna Bar! In this regard, I think Luna Bar trumps SkyBar!

3. I think Skybar is probably more popular as it seems to fill up pretty fast compared to Luna Bar. Or is it because Luna Bar is bigger and can accommodate more people? Not sure about this, but one thing is for sure. Luna Bar has a RM50 cover charge on weekends after 9.30pm. That's not good!



4. I have problem finding Luna Bar in the Pacific Regency Hotel. It was complicating going up two different lifts and a series of staircases! Directing people to Luna Bar would be such a hassle! In contrast, going up to SkyBar was a breeze!

5. The service for both Luna Bar and SkyBar was generally OK. But I was appalled when the waitress at Luna Bar actually gave us the bill without us requesting for it and she also took away my drink before I gave her the permission to do so! How horrible!

I could not really comment on the prices and quality of food and drinks as I did not eat or drink a lot at both of these bars. Although I must say the pizza at Luna Bar was really nice!



My conclusion? Although different people may have different opinions, to me at least, I think SkyBar is the better of the two roof-top bars. What about you?

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment