Monday, March 9, 2009

My Upcoming Trip To Guilin

I am so excited! I am going for a holiday! And it's not a local holiday.

It's a trip to Guilin, China. I have already booked an AirAsia flight and paid RM559 for a return ticket.

Even though the holidays are still about four months away, I am really excited because...

1. I have never been to China before. This will absolutely be my first time there! Woo hoo!

2. I am going with a fellow blogger and his friend. The blogger is none other than Jam! Thanks Jam for inviting me to join you for this trip!

3. It's a 10-day trip! We will be departing from KL on 30th July 2009 and return on 8th August 2009. I have never gone for a holiday for that long! The most is 5 days! Now I can have 10 days of carefree time, without thinking about work and all the stress!

Guess what? Me and Jam would like to invite fellow bloggers from Malaysia to join us for this trip! Well, for one thing, I need someone to share a room with me to save money. Haha!

OK, I guess the main reason is it'll be more fun to go in a group and what's more, it's like a bloggers' trip! How cool is that? And don't forget, you will finally get to see me and Jam in the flesh! Now is that good enough reason to go on this trip with us? Haha!

Now just to whet your appetite, this is what Jam, who is the more experienced traveler, has planned for the trip. Besides Guilin, we would also be visiting nearby Yangshuo and Longsheng. Some of the highlights of our trip are:

1) Guilin numerous peaks such as Elephant-Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave and many others.
2) Li River cruise where you will see some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
3) West Street in Yangshuo.
4) Impression on Liu San Jie, a cultural show directed by the director of Beijing 2008 Olympics opening ceremony.
5) Terraced field in Longsheng.
6) Experience the culture of Miao and Zhuang minority tribe in Longsheng.
7) Visit Xingping, a small fishing village nearby Yangshuo which was once visited by Bill Clinton.
8) And many more!!

I googled some photos of Guilin and came away awed. For those of you who have never been to Guilin, see these photos for yourself!








All the above photos are courtesy of Wikipedia

Want to see more pictures? Click here.

So how much will this trip cost you? Well, if you like staying in 5-star hotels and dining in expensive restaurants, I don't think you would want to join us. That's because we are sort of back-packing on this trip and staying in just 2-star youth hostels or guesthouses. The total costs including airfare, accommodation, transport and food will come to about RM2,000.

However, there are two conditions which you must agree before joining us.

1. We are not to share photos. Make sure you bring your own camera if you wish to take photos!

2. Since Jam and I are private persons and we value our privacy, we will appreciate if you do not post photos of us (including his friend) in your blog or on the internet. However, you may post photos of us with our faces blurred (though I still prefer if you post none at all).

Well, what are you waiting for? Let me or Jam know if you wish to join us for this trip of the year!


FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment