Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Shocking Confession

OK, confession time. I'm having a hard time doing this, but I think it's about time. So please be prepared for what I'm about to say.

There were three bloggers who thought I was a girl. I had to tell them I am a guy. Those of you readers who have yet to check my profile, did you think I am a girl too?

But today, let me reveal my true gender.

In actual fact, in reality, I am a girl.

Yes, you read that right!

I am a girl. A female. XX.

Are you shocked?

A few bloggers whom I have met already knew this fact. Thanks for keeping my identity a secret, guys! Anyway, congrats to Rad, Nic and Che-cheh. You three got it right! Sorry I had to lie to you to say that I am a guy!

I would like to apologize to the rest of you who think I am a guy. Sorry!

Didn't you suspect it at all? My name foongpc - is that more like a male or female name to you?

The way I write my post - do you feel it's written by a male or a female?

My avatar - Jing Jing, the famous Beijing Olympic mascot is a male panda, but at first glance, don't you feel it's female?

Why did I need to lie about my gender? Well, it was actually for fun. I wanted to see how my readers react to me as a male. I initially started my blog as a female, but changed my mind after a few posts.

So why now? Why do I confess after all these while? I officially started blogging in May last year. It took me almost one year to finally build up enough courage to make this confession.

Well, it's because of one and only one reason. I am getting married. Yes, my fiance who knows about this blog and also the fact that I am masquerading as a male, is not too comfortable with me lying about my gender.

I've thought it over and I agreed that it would not be very fair to him. So I've decided to reveal the truth.

If you are angry with me for lying to you all this while, please just say what you want to say. I will accept all your comments whether good or bad, I will take responsibility for my lies. If you plan not to read my blog ever again, I will totally understand.

If you are not angry but amused, then please tell me that too. I always like bloggers with a sense of humour!

If you had actually secretly thought I am a girl, do let me know. I want to know how successful I had impersonated as a guy.

And if you are the ignorant ones who have yet to check my profile and had always thought I'm a girl all this while, please tell me too. I would love to hear from you!

OK, now that I've got this out of my system, I want to make a second confession. Which will probably be just as shocking, if not more. But I would like to keep you in suspense. At least make it a big bang before you decide to leave my blog forever, if that's what you intend to do.

But before I let you in on my second confession, I would like to make a final apology to all my readers and blogger friends. Very sorry if I had let you down. I know things will never be the same again.

You will need to scroll down to read it. Are you ready? Scroll down now...

























Got cha! HAPPY APRIL FOOLS' DAY!!! : )

Hope I've fooled all of you! Haha! Of course, those of you who have met me before will know this is an April Fools joke. But to the rest of you, I hope you had a good one : )

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment