Saturday, June 27, 2009

Did Michael Jackson Heal The World?

I know I am a little late in posting about our late King Of Pop, Michael Jackson who passed away a few days ago.

But so many blogs were talking about it, so I did not want to be joining in the bandwagon.

Still, I could not resist sharing a little of my thoughts today.

I learnt about Michael's death on the radio while driving to work on Friday morning. I had switched on the radio and one of Michael's song was on air. Right after the song finished, the DJ spoke. I did not really pay attention to what the DJ was saying until I heard him say "...the late Michael Jackson...". I was like, what?! Did I hear that wrongly?

I was quite sure I heard wrongly, but his next sentence confirmed my worst fears. Michael Jackson had passed away! I could not believe it!

After that, the radio took in calls from listeners and some called in half crying as they spoke. It was pretty emotional and I could not help shedding a tear or two.

Later that morning, as if to add to the sadness I already felt in my heart, the rain fell.

Although I am not a huge fan of Michael Jackson, his popularity was something I could not ignore. I even bought his album "HIStory" many years ago which I really liked. It was the best album for me as it contained most of his previous No.1 hits and new materials. It was called "History : Past, Present and Future, Book 1". I have been waiting for Book 2 ever since but it never come.

As the years passed, Michael seemed to be more famous for his weirdness and molestation cases than his music. It was such a pity, for had he continued to come out with good albums, he would probably still be a force to be reckoned with in the music industry today.

Well, I am not in a position to judge Michael Jackson for what he did in his life. And I don't think anyone should even attempt it. For we are not him and we are not in his shoes. We would never understand the kind of life he went through. Now that he is gone, I just want the very best memories of him to last forever.

I think one of his songs that made the most impact on me was "Heal The World". Michael had written one of the most beautiful and inspiring lyrics to this song. Many people who knew him personally said he was a kind and warm hearted person.

Listening to this song made me believe that he was indeed a caring person who had a mission to heal the world. Did he succeed? I don't know but somehow this song just makes me want to cry.



There's a place in your heart
And I know that it is love
And this place could be much
Brighter than tomorrow.
And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry
In this place you'll feel
There's no hurt or sorrow.
There are ways to get there
If you care enough for the living
Make a little space, make a better place.

Chorus:
Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me.

If you want to know why
There's a love that cannot lie
Love is strong
It only cares for joyful giving.
If we try we shall see
In this bliss we cannot feel
Fear or dread
We stop existing and start living
Then it feels that always
Love's enough for us growing
Make a better world, make a better world.

Chorus:
Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race.
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me.

Bridge:
And the dream we would conceived in
Will reveal a joyful face
And the world we once believed in
Will shine again in grace
Then why do we keep strangling life
Wound this earth, crucify it's soul
Though it's plain to see, this world is heavenly
Be God's glow.

We could fly so high
Let our spirits never die
In my heart I feel
You are all my brothers
Create a world with no fear
Together we'll cry happy tears
See the nations turn
Their swords into plowshares
We could really get there
If you cared enough for the living
Make a little space to make a better place.

Chorus:
Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for
You and for me.

Chorus (2x)

There are people dying if you care enough for the living
Make a better place for you and for me.
There are people dying if you care enough for the living
Make a better place for you and for me.

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment