Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Lunch At Organic Recipe

Do you eat organic foods?

Organic food are those food that are mostly free from pesticides, chemicals, hormones and GMOs (genetically modified organisms). Although there is no organic food that is 100% free from pesticides, they are much healthier than normal non-organic ones.

Since I am quite health conscious, I try to eat "organic" as often as possible.

So when my friend invited me to lunch at an organic vegetarian food restaurant last Friday, I was more than willing to go!

We went to this restaurant called Organic Recipe in Bandar Utama. In case you wonder, no, it has no relation with Secret Recipe, haha!

The restaurant is located inside the Casa Utama condominium. After parking my car in the visitors' parking lot, I looked for the staircase. There was a signboard telling me the direction to the restaurant.

organic recipe signboard direction

Walking down two flight of stairs, I reached Organic Recipe.

organic recipe frontdoor 2

My friend was not there yet, so I just walked around and shot some photos. I thought the ambience there was nice!

ambience 5.1

ambience 4.1

These were the outdoor areas. As it was early, not many people were around yet. Those who were already there were sitting inside the air conditioned area.

I decided to sit outside to wait for my friend as I just loved the relaxing ambience, with the sound of birds chirping in the distance.

ambience 3.1

table and vase 2

When my friend finally arrived, we quickly looked through the menu. I noticed they have specials lined up for the day which was not stated in the menu.

today

Following my friend's recommendation, I ordered the Tom Yam Soup in Coconut, and the fruit rojak. My friend ordered the Special Fish dish, which was one of the "specials" for the day.

yummy dishes 2

See my giant tom yam coconut? They were very generous with the tom yam soup until the coconut was not big enough to contain all the soup! The extra soup was placed in a big bowl (behind the coconut in the above photo) which I passed to my friend, and there was a smaller bowl (the small bowl in front) containing the extra tom yam soup for me!

This is how my giant tom yam coconut looks like up close!

tomyam coconut 2

And my bowl of the extra tom yam soup filled with vegetables. No meat of course, as this is an organic vegetarian restaurant!

tomyam coconut in bowl

I can tell you the tom yam soup was very nice! Just the right amount of spicy and sour tastes! And I liked the fact that I could scrape the white coconut flesh to eat too! In fact, I enjoyed the soup so much I finished all the soup until the very last drop! Yummy!

At RM14.90, I think it's slightly on the high side, but still pretty reasonable as organic food are usually more expensive than non-organic ones.

This is the organic fruit rojak I ordered.

organic rojak

I really enjoyed this rojak! Very tasty with lots of fruits and delicious sauce. Totally satisfying to the last bite!

Priced at RM7.90, I thought it was quite worth it, bearing in mind again this is organic rojak!

I also tried a little of the Special Fish dish my friend ordered.

special fish

See the pieces of fish on top? For a minute, I thought I was eating fish, and then realized this was a vegetarian restaurant! Haha! So it was not real fish, but it tasted pretty good!

This special fish dish costs RM13.90. I think I still prefer my tom yam soup!

Both my friend and I called for a bowl of brown rice each to eat with these dishes. Surprisingly, they did not charge us for the 2 bowls of rice! I was not sure whether they had forgotten, or it was supposed to be free! Well, I did not bother to ask! haha!

We both also ordered a glass of passion fruit juice each.

passion fruit drink 2

I ordered with ice whereas my friend ordered without ice. Normally, I do not order my drinks with ice because I feel a lot of restaurants try to short change you with lots of ice and very little of the drink. But for this restaurant, I was surprised that my iced drink came in a bigger glass than my friend's. Not bad! Priced at RM3.90, it was quite a delicious and refreshing drink!

The total bill for both of us came to RM44.50 with only an added 5% service charge. I was quite happy with my meal here. Definitely will come here again!

Organic Recipe
Address: B3-07-09, Casa Utama, Lorong Lebuh Bandar Utama, PJU 6A, 47400 PJ
Tel: 03 - 7729 0236
Location: Refer to map attached

Biz hr: 9am -9pm (Tue- Sun), closed on Mon



FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment