Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lost In Xingping (Part 2)

Continued from Part 1

As Jam was down with diarrhea, I went out for lunch with his friend. Although his friend was suffering from diarrhea too, his condition was not as serious as Jam. On the way, we decided to buy Jam some bread.

We came across this bread shop.

Photobucket

See the chairs dangling from the ceiling? I thought that was quite unique, although I have seen these swing chairs before from some blogs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After buying some bread, we had lunch at this restaurant nearby. Anyone knows what is this shop called? I don't know how to read those Mandarin words!

Photobucket

They served only claypot rice.

Photobucket

Rice with pickled vegetables and meat. I think the pickled vegetables can be found in the rice noodles I ate in Guilin too. Probably these are staple food in small towns and villages.

Photobucket

After lunch, we passed by a shop selling wine containers and decided to take some photos.

Photobucket

Honestly, it was my first time seeing these wine containers!

Photobucket

They also have transparent containers. Not sure what these containers were made of!

Photobucket

We passed by a small supermarket called 99 Supermarket and decided to go in and have a look. I wonder if it has any connection with 99 Speedmart stores found in Malaysia?

The prices there was indeed low! How did I know? Well, I bought these two bottles of their famous tea for 1.70 yuan per bottle.

Photobucket

I found out that other shops along the same street were selling these drinks at 3 yuan per bottle. One shop even sold it at 4 yuan! What, they think we tourists are dumb?

When I told the boss that the 99 Supermarket down the street was selling it at 1.70 yuan, he did not look too pleased. Oh, come on, I really don't care whether you are pleased or not, I am not obliged to buy from you especially if you are selling at that kind of price!

By the way, I like the drink a lot! It was a mixture of sweet and sour in taste.

Photobucket

Hmm, wonder if the pictures of the models on these bottles are some famous stars in China? Anyone knows? I don't follow Chinese stars, only Hong Kong TVB stars, haha!

Photobucket

When we returned to our hostel, I rested for a while in my room before embarking on my solo adventure trip to Xingping's fishing village.

To be continued ...

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment