Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lost In Xingping (Part 4)

Continued from Part 3

As I was about to enter the mountain trail, two bulls appeared in front of me. Yikes! I quickly stepped aside for them to walk through. There were bells hanging from the bulls' necks.

It's a pity I did not take any photos of the bulls as I was just too stunned. The old lady laughed and bid me a safe journey to the fishing village. She reminded me to always take the right turn at any junction that I come across.

The trail up the mountain was narrow but the stones and rocky steps made it easier to walk.



I just hoped I would not come face to face with any bulls coming down the hill!



It's a good thing they have bells hanging from their necks so if I were to hear the sound of bells ringing, I could quickly prepare myself and jump into the bushes on either side of the trail!

Luckily for me, I did not encounter any more bulls for the rest of my climb up the mountain.

The scenery along the journey was breathtaking!



I don't think my photos would be able to do any justice to the beautiful scenery there. You have got to be there to appreciate it. Somehow, I just love the mountains and the forests!



As I continue to climb up the steep rocks, there were some buzzing sound around me. Must be flies! But I could not see any!



I looked at my handphone. It was already close to 4pm. I wondered how long more I had to climb. I pushed myself to climb faster but had to stop several times to catch my breath.



It was 4.15 pm and I was still climbing. There was no end in sight. I was thinking, should I continue? What if I reach the fishing village late and had to walk back through this forest in the late evening? The thought of trekking the forest in the darkness did not appeal to me at all.



The buzzing continued. It was getting irritating.



And then, I reached an open space with rows and rows of tall plants! This was a flat surface with no rocky steps on the ground. The plants were as tall as me, some even taller.



Walking along, I felt myself getting lost in this sea of tall plants. Soon, I came to a clearing with man-made rock formations. I did not take much photos to show here. After passing that clearing, I saw the rocky steps going up the mountain and climbed them.



I thought it was getting darker. But it's only 4.30pm. Maybe it was going to rain? I sure hoped not although I had a raincoat with me!



There was not a single soul here. I wondered why. Surely there must be some locals or even tourists who would walk this mountain trail.

I was seriously deciding whether I should continue. I did not know how long more it would take. Besides, I did not want to come here after dark. I knew that I had to use this route for my return journey after visiting the fishing village.



I made the decision to turn back. I was not going to take the risk! Walking here in the dark of the night would be no fun, believe me!

The image of a Chinese female vampire flying from tree to tree flashed through my mind. What the hell was I thinking? Erase! Erase! Erase!

Perhaps the darkened sky and the loneliness was starting to get to me. OK, I am turning back right now!



I descended the rocky steps and reached the clearing and the open space with the rows of tall plants again. Walking among the tall plants, I could not find the slabs of rocks from where I came up earlier.

After a few attempts, I still could not find my way! I realised then that I was lost! Oh no!

Then I heard someone calling my name. My Mandarin name to be exact. I froze. Did I just imagine that?

Looking around made me dizzy. I felt panicky. Help!

I kept repeating to myself to stay calm. I assured myself that the voice I heard was all in the mind. Erase! Erase! Erase!



I visualised an invisible shield surrounding me. This was a method I learnt from one of those Mind Power seminars I attended a few years ago. The invisible shield would protect me from any harm. I knew I must not underestimate the power of my mind!

I felt calm after that and my mind was clearer. I took a deep breath and reassured myself that I would find my way. Looking at all the pathways before me, I decided to take one that was slightly to my left. I really did not know why I choose that but it was just a gut feeling.

Walking among the tall plants, I soon saw the slabs of rocks again! I found my way! Yes!! You cannot imagine how relieved I felt at that moment!

I am sorry there is no more photos after this because I was just too overcame by relief to remember taking any photos! Haha.

It was unfortunate that I was not able to visit the fishing village. But who knows - maybe I will visit Xingping again a few years down the road? And next time, I will be better prepared!

FIRST COMMENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment