Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oops, I Did It Again!

Now if the title of today's post reminded you of that famous Britney Spears' song, I can't blame you. She is most famous for that song right?

But I am not talking about Britney Spears today. If want to talk about celebrities, might as well talk about my favourite Mariah Carey. But no, today I am going to tell you what was it that I did again.

Well, do you still remember one of my previous posts about the restaurant in The Gardens that does not accept credit cards? You may want to refresh your memory here.

Last week, I went shopping with my friend at Mid Valley Megamall. After shopping, we were hungry and decided to go for early dinner. We could not decide where to go, when my friend suggested why not go to Fong Lye at The Gardens. When I heard that name, I was like, no way am I going there again! Not after what happened last time. I still remember I did not have enough cash in my wallet and they do not accept credit cards!

But my friend wanted to go very much. He insisted that he had enough money in his wallet to pay for the meals and there was no need for credit cards. Well, I was really hungry at that time, and seeing that I could not decide where else to go for dinner, I reluctantly agreed.

So off we went. I had this spare ribs with sweet and sour sauce. Absolutely yummy!!



My friend had this 3 Variety Supreme Diced Chicken.



He told me it was a little too salty. I tried one piece of the chicken and I did not think it was a little too salty. I thought it was way too salty! So I told him not to dip the chicken in the sauce which was the cause of the saltiness. It tasted better without the sauce.

Both our dishes came with a bowl of rice, a bowl of soup (not in picture) and three mini side dishes.



Luckily when it came to paying the bill, I did not have the same experience as last time. My friend did have the money to pay for our meals. Sorry if the title of my post seemed to suggest otherwise. Just a ploy to make you read my post. Haha!

But while at the counter, I decided to ask the counter staff again why they do not accept credit cards. She gave the same reply the previous staff gave me.

"Our boss does not accept credit cards."

Now please tell me, did she answer my question? She merely repeated my question and turned it into a statement!

So I proceeded to ask her where her boss came from? She said he's from Taiwan. So there you have it! A Taiwanese boss opening a Taiwanese restaurant in a prestigious shopping mall in Malaysia and not accepting credit cards as payment. Someone, anyone, please tell him this is not acceptable!

Yet, people still go there in droves. What the heck, I was there again, wasn't I?

Moral of the story? When you open a restaurant, as long as your food is delicious and the price is reasonable, you will get lots of customers no matter how you treat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment