Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2009 Chinese New Year Decorations

The Chinese New Year celebrations are finally over. How time flies! I will miss my favourite yee sang. I will also miss those Chinese lanterns and decorations that adorned most shopping malls in the country.

Today, I would like to post some photos of the CNY decorations in shopping malls in the Klang Valley. I have taken most of the photos from other blogs as their photos are of better quality compared to the ones I took using my SE C902. Do visit their blogs for more great looking photos!

Look at this decoration put up by 1Utama.


Photo courtesy of yenjai.net

I didn't quite like it. Looks a little empty to me. The idea may be good, but I felt something is missing. What do you think?

The decorations at Berjaya Times Square look slightly better.


Photo courtesy of cowbrainstudio.com


Photo courtesy of DenC


Photo courtesy of Soo HK

This bull outside Pavilion must have attracted a lot of attention!


Photo courtesy of cowbrainstudio.com

I really think that the CNY decoration at The Curve this year was quite ridiculous!


Photo courtesy of The Star Online


Photo courtesy of Merryn's blog

Maybe they were trying to showcase the lotus flower, but to me, the whole thing just look horrible!

This is the decoration put up at KLCC. Those people at KLCC seem to like everything either tall or large. I still remember they have one of the tallest Christmas tree during Christmas last year. For this Chinese New Year, I think they have one of the largest lantern in KL.


Photo taken with my SE C902


Photo courtesy of Angie Tan

But I like those huge gigantic lanterns! Really nice! Thumbs up for KLCC! : )

I can't quite make out what this decoration in Sunway Pyramid is all about. Can you?


Photo courtesy of yenjai.net

I always feel that The Gardens have quite 'classy' decoration. I particularly liked their Christmas decorations last year. And for this Chinese New Year, they did not disappoint.


Photo courtesy of Soo HK

After looking at all those decorations put up by various shopping malls, I think the best must be at Mid Valley Megamall! Their numerous lanterns of all shapes and sizes really put me in the CNY mood. Don't you agree?


Photo courtesy of sumimasen


Photo courtesy of Angie Tan

I like these angpow lanterns hanging from the ceilings of Subang Parade. Yes, they were made from angpows!


Photo courtesy of The Star Online

I didn't know you can buy those lanterns! According to The Star Online, you can actually buy them for RM100 a pair as a form of donation to charity organisations. I would have donated RM100 just to get those beautiful lanterns if I had read about this before CNY!

Look at these lanterns made entirely from angpows! Aren't they beautiful? I wonder who is that person who came out with these lanterns? He or she must be a creative genius!


Photo courtesy of yesterday.sg

Does anyone know where I can buy these angpow lanterns? Or at least teach me how to make them? I hope I will be able to display them for next year's Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment